Rabbit-isms!

There's always room for another race!
That's a horrible idea... What time?!

Sunday, May 19, 2013

Historic Half Race Rap

Last weekend the girls from Team Rabbit were all scattered.
'What’s Up, Doc' kicked butt at IM Texas; she wasn't shattered!
Sadly, 'Silly Rabbit' was down a little with the flu,
So what was the other Rabbit to do?
Well the plan called for 13 miles; no eating bonbons!
So 'Energizer Bunny' ran the Historic Half Marathon!!
Again up before the crack of dawn...
To meet her 5K friends for a ride; we all yawned.
Headed down I-95 to the race destination.
Fredericksburg, Virginia was the start location!
Once there we went our separate ways.
I stayed put while they were shuttled away.
A Howitzer was fired to begin the event!
It was loud and smokey and off we all went!
The first few miles went basically downhill!
I went my fastest then; it was a thrill!
Ran into IMMoo teammate Michele around mile 4,
We chatted a lot and I was not bored!
We kept up a pretty good running pace.
The miles ticked by in this fun road race!
Got to where they started the 10K;
Then I could sing because we were over half way!
Next it was where they started the 5K group,
And took a short break so we could re-group!
Next up was good old hospital hill...
Thankfully I didn’t need to stop for a pill!!
The road kept going up and up and up!
It was kind of tough; Suck it up, Buttercup!!
Finally it flattened with a mile to go.
Back under a huge American flag, you know?
The road curved and I could see the finish line ahead.
I started to sprint because there was beer they said!
Then I got my biggest finisher medal to date!
Didn't knock my rabbit ears off when they put it in place!!
Caught up with my 5K friends a short time after.
A visit to Krispy Kreme made the ride home faster!
The Marine Corps Historic Half was really well run
There was on-course entertainment too, so that was fun
So while the Rabbits were all spread about.
I sent lots of Bunnergy* to my teammates, no doubt!

*Bunny Energy

No comments:

Post a Comment